Thread: Heads up on a good saw blade

Heads up on a good saw blade

I think this is a great saw blade even at 30 bucks and now it’s an even better deal at 25.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQOOGI

I’ve had one on my RAS for a while and I’m very impressed at how well it is holding up. I do try to be protective and switch it out when I need to cut junk but sometimes you still say ‘oh it’s just a couple cuts’ and yet it’s still really sharp.

I've seen them drop the price to 25 before but it usually doesn’t last too long. Decided to get a second one for tablesaw sled crosscuts as so many projects involve both the RAS and the sled in the same setup.

Just a heads up for the price conscious.

Blog Entries
    Normally a RAS should have a blade with a negative hook angle to reduce the self feeding tendency.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I just bought one for my sliding miter saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Normally a RAS should have a blade with a negative hook angle to reduce the self feeding tendency.
    I run up to a 5 degree positive hook on my RAS blades. These are 14" and 16" blades with 5 and 7.5hp motors. No issues.

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately on Amazon.ca the same blade is $65 Cnd (about $50 US).

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    I run up to a 5 degree positive hook on my RAS blades. These are 14" and 16" blades with 5 and 7.5hp motors. No issues.
    Even with this 10" blade, I experience no issues with a 5º positive hook on my RAS.

I just checked today, Ridge Carbide would charge me $25 to sharpen this 80 tooth blade. The same as it costs to buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post

I just checked today, Ridge Carbide would charge me $25 to sharpen this 80 tooth blade. The same as it costs to buy a new one.
    Don't forget shipping both ways. Dynamic Saw sharpens this blade for $13.50 if memory serves me correct. Check them out.