Thread: Hand Saw ID Help

Hand Saw ID Help

I picked up this hand saw this morning at an estate sale. They were trying to get rid of everything before the hurricane hits. I hadn't seen a saw with a handle that shape before. My rule about estate sales is if I haven't seen it before I buy it. I tried to figure out who made it but came up with nothing. Saw measures about 16 inches. Maybe one of your fellas has come across this medallion and can shed some light. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like the handle and one blade to a "nest of saws", a set of interchangeable blades with one handle.They were made by many manufacturers, both American and foreign. They used a variety of mechanisms to hold the blades in place.
    I don't recognize the medallion or the maker either, but a good place to search would be the Saw Handle Medallion Reference Guide on the Lumberjocks forum.
    Rick

I think you are right Rick. I had some time while hunkering down during the hurricane this weekend to take the saw plate out. It had a hole for one screw and a slot for the second screw. You just had to unscrew the first one and you could slide the plate out. I checked the Lumberjocks forum on medallions, but no dice. That's ok though. I'm going to clean it up, sharpen it, and put it to work.

There's some info about the maker on my website:
    https://www.holzwerken.de/museum/her...rken_j_a.phtml

Wolfgang

Wolfgang, you have made my day today! I really appreciate it. I knew someone one here had to know something about it.