I purchased some 5/4 knotty alder about 4-6 weeks ago. While sitting in my garage it has twisted on me really bad. The pieces are roughly 6" wide by 10 feet long and some have over 1/2" of twist. I was hoping to get 1-1/8 finished thickness out of these boards. If I mill this out with the jointer and planer I won't even be able to get a 3/4" thick board, much less 1-1/8". The alder was kiln dried. I've read that this means no amount of steaming will work for bending or in my case un-twisting. However, I have proved this statement to be false as I've had some degree of success trying to steam and un-twist the board back straight. However, I'm getting a lot of spring back. Can anyone suggest a steam duration and technique? How far past straight do I go with my mold to get the thing to spring back straight. Also, after I remove the steam, and twist it back straight, how long does it need to sit in the form before I take it out and hope that it's straight? I'm in Denver, super low humidity here so wet boards dry really fast. I'm not looking for perfection here. Just straight enough to be able to take to the jointer/planer and not have to remove more than 1/16" or maybe 3/32".