Thread: ESS Controller or Undocumented Mach3 Feature?

ESS Controller or Undocumented Mach3 Feature?

Its happened 3 times so far, (for I figured out what was going on) and lucky me no valuable work screwed up. Fine Line Automation Saturn 2 the newest one out. Mach3 licensed, ESS controller installed in the prewired control box and seems to work fine. I have ran some pretty complex g code files out of VCarve Pro 9.5.

So here is the issue, running a file starting out and I decide whoops thats not right, Stop raise Z, rezero and rewind the file. Restart from Line 1, and it goes and tries to run from the last place the reset file was at!! The cursor in Mach3 does not show it at that line. Remember I restarted the file from line 1.

So is this just the way it is in Mach3, just exit the file completely and restart Mach3?

OR is it the buffer in the ESS not being cleared out? If it is a buffer thing how do I clear??

Or just do what Gary suggested, go to the ACORN? If so I will need to bite the bullet and get Windows 10 Pro to run the program.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I'm running Win7 with ESS and Mach4. If I have to stop a program and restart, which I do often enough because of not getting Z just right, I always hit the 'Reset' button in Mach4 before starting the cycle again. Does Mach3 have that reset button?

Mach4 - main screen.jpg

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by David Falkner View Post
    I'm running Win7 with ESS and Mach4. If I have to stop a program and restart, which I do often enough because of not getting Z just right, I always hit the 'Reset' button in Mach4 before starting the cycle again. Does Mach3 have that reset button?

Mach4 - main screen.jpg

David
    Yes it has a RESET but I was just using Stop in the run menu. So maybe If I tried your way, all would be fine. Thanks David I will give that a try tomorrow. I am assuming your doing the Rewind button?

Ok I found great video explaing the ways to Stop a job in Mach3, and I was doing it all wrong. Feed Hold allows the buffer to run out, and then Stop. I will post a Link when I’m not on my IPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I am assuming you're doing the Rewind button?
    No sir, never have used that. My screenset is a bit newer and doesn't have Rewind (I just grabbed that off the Mach website). It has Edit, Recent, Close, and Load G Code. I just hit Stop, do what I need to which is usually lower Z a few thousandths, then Go To Zero, then Reset, and start the job over.

David
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Falkner View Post
    No sir, never have used that. My screenset is a bit newer and doesn't have Rewind (I just grabbed that off the Mach website). It has Edit, Recent, Close, and Load G Code. I just hit Stop, do what I need to which is usually lower Z a few thousandths, then Go To Zero, then Reset, and start the job over.

David
    So you delete the file and reload? Guy on Mach forum asked if I Recalculated Toolpath, and I have never done that. Link to the Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6gvNP2paCo

No sir, I just Stop the program and then hit Reset. Sometimes I recalculate the toolpath, sometimes I don't. I probably do it more often than not, though. The only time I delete the file and reload is if I see an issue that just doesn't look right or if I need to edit the file back in Fusion 360.

David
    David