New here and sifting through lots of info so far.

I'm a hobbyist and building a large 70x30x36 dog kennel for a pair of dogs for client. They want it satin white.

I'd like to use a waterborne paint and my dad thinks I should just prime it and use a behr interior eggshell/satin paint. I don't feel that will be hard enough especially for the top that might get a tv or other knick knacks.

I've been reading about alkyd paints and urethan acrylic enamels.

PPG Breakthrough, Cabinet Coat, Dunn Edwards Aristoshield, SW proclassic all have great reviews.

Breakthrough being a california resident I read is no longer good.

I wanted to spray with an HVLP but making a booth in my garage will be tough so looks like brush and roller or pad is the plan.

What paint should I go with? Maybe a cheap behr latex and a few poly top coats is the way. I have gallons of poly I got on sale.

Also, it's 3/4' pine ply. Nice stuff. Gonna sand my joints and prime it after work next two days.

Ps. I signed up for paintalk.com and posted in there. Topic was closed as I mentioned I wasn't a paid professional and was reccomened DIYchatroom.com. So dumb when that happens. During my research, google results don't bring up DIYcahtoom threads. It's funny when some forums are kind of stuck up like that.