Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clearvue is releasing a new metal cyclone, the Pentz EF5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Clearvue is releasing a new metal cyclone, the Pentz EF5

0db681bbd9b3a83c6b7ee4f05ff2d551cff67987_Metal-Temp.jpg

No info available yet on the site. I do know it is 5hp with a 16" impeller. So now people can get the Pentz design without the kit aspects if they want.

Edit I originally wrote 18" but is it 16"...
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 09-10-2018 at 12:31 AM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I wonder if there are any dimensional changes to the cyclone compared to the plastic ones? Have to wait and see.

3. 18" impeller! Wow. I would think that 5hp wouldn't be enough for that given my 16" requires pretty close to 5hp.

Cheers, Dom

Quote Originally Posted by Dominik Dudkiewicz View Post
    18" impeller! Wow. I would think that 5hp wouldn't be enough for that given my 16" requires pretty close to 5hp.

Cheers, Dom
    Fat thumbs! It is a 16" impeller! I assume the same as in the CVMax.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

55 oil drum at least?

April Wilkenson just had it installed in her shop...YouTube video is up. It appears to be a substantial unit. I don't like her install, however, with flex through her walls.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Cute name though it took me a bit to catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    April Wilkenson just had it installed in her shop...YouTube video is up. It appears to be a substantial unit. I don't like her install, however, with flex through her walls.
    I watched her video last night and had the same thought. All that time and money she's put into her shop yet didnt take the time to duct it through the wall.

I agree about the ducting and the flex hose. That's what happens when someone doesn't do their homework. I was also surprised to see the the use of the black electrical cord in and out of the wall. I thought that was a no no. One of the reasons I don't normally watch Youtube stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    I agree about the ducting and the flex hose. That's what happens when someone doesn't do their homework. I was also surprised to see the the use of the black electrical cord in and out of the wall. I thought that was a no no. One of the reasons I don't normally watch Youtube stuff.
    People from ClearVue were there helping her install it. Would think they would have said something. Maybe they did and she just ignored it.

Why would she ignore the advise from them, she probably has to do a video or 2 for them to provide the unit and have them install.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M Tuttle View Post
    People from ClearVue were there helping her install it.
    That's the thing that really bugged me..."they" should know better. I can excuse "her" slightly because in her previous shops, DC wasn't setup to this level, but not the cyclone manufacturer, especially given who they worked with for the cyclone design.
    --

10hp driving my 18.5 Impeller on the G0638. That motor and starter box has a two stage timed start circuit.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Blog Entries
    I saw her video and was going to mention the 5% discount if you gave the code "wilkerdos". I noticed the flex through the wall too, but was more concerned with the wyes turned down on the main run, a catch all for off cuts. Although with 5 hp, it may not really be an issue. They could have located the unit 5 feet down the wall and run a straight section of steel into the inlet, even leaving the flex in place would have been a big improvement. I would have put the main run about 3-4' off the wall, turned the wyes to the wall and put an ell to turn them down.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 09-10-2018 at 2:55 PM.
    NOW you tell me...

Good point on the wyes, Ole.
    --