Thread: table saws

table saws

I have been looking at a few of the table saws,,,the delta that lowes sells seem nice and grizzly sells some that are hybrid,,, also I noticed that baileigh has one also,,actually the baileigh has features the others don't seem to have for the price but I don't know anything about them,,,can anyone help me out,,and does anyone have any info on the baileigh saw,,thank you

I bought the Baileigh 3 HP cabinet saw and am very satisfied with it. The build quality is excellent as far as I'm concerned. I actually picked up my saw at their Manitowoc, WI office and got a first hand look at many of their machines in their showroom. All I saw were very solidly build and again, IMO, worth the money. I think you would be happy with a Baileigh table saw.

thank you for responding,,i actually like the looks of the baileigh hybrid,,,and I have also heard a lot of bad things about grizzly,,i just cant figure out why you don't hear that much from baleigh

I have th Delta that Lowes sells and it is an excellent saw for the money, but, it is lacking in DC performance. I have gone through it and tried to improve on the bottom by installing a TS cone in the bottom and an over-arm at the blade. It will get maybe 85% at best. I have a Forrest WW II blade on it and it handles it well.
    The only complaint I have is the DC.
    As far as Baleigh, I have a friend who has some of their machines and he highly recommends them in his cabinet shop.
    For Grizzly, those who have their cabinet saws swear by them. Only experience I have with them is DC pipes, hoses and adapters and a 6" jointer. The jointer serves my purposes well.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    thank you for responding,,i actually like the looks of the baileigh hybrid,,,and I have also heard a lot of bad things about grizzly,,i just cant figure out why you don't hear that much from baleigh
    Its a numbers game. Grizzly has been selling for a long time and sells a lot of machines. Baileigh has been around nearly 20 years but, they have only recently made a splash in woodworking machines. Their automotive and metalworking tools are (were?) their forte with a few models made in the USA. Certainly Grizzly and their sister company Shop Fox are competing at the same tier in several areas as Baileigh, Jet, Powermatic, General International, Laguna, etc.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler