Thread: Harbor Freight 10" tile/brick saw - the pump

Harbor Freight 10" tile/brick saw - the pump

A question for owners of the Harbor Freight 10" brick/tile saw Item #69275: Is the electric cord of the pump supposed to be below the water level when the pump is operating? The pump on my copy of this saw has 4 rubber feet and if it is sitting on those feet on the bottom of the reservoir, the place where the electric cord enters the pump will be below the water.

submersible pump?

They're all like that-not necessarily the point of entry into the housing, but designed to run under water. Most usually put enough water in the tray to last for as long as possible, on a good sized job, because some water will be slung out in the process.

After looking at the user manual, probably. Quite a few of those types of pump do have the power cord submerged. Mount the pump on its bracket then fill to the min water level and I'll bet the cord is submerged

I have a 10" MK, and a 20" Target. The pumps always run under water, including the cords. Google masonry saw replacement pump, and you will see cord entries in various places. It's another good reason to use a GFCI circuit to feed it. We've worn out a number of pumps over the years, but never even tripped a breaker.

pump must be submerged for cooling.