Thread: Laguna Rotary Adapter for Vacuum Chuck

Laguna Rotary Adapter for Vacuum Chuck

I just received the Laguna Rotary Adapter and see that it has a relatively small diameter tube to connect to the vacuum pump. I used to use a Oneway adapter for my Jet 1642. It was set up with regular compressor hose and male/female connectors. I'm not sure how to adapt the thin Laguna tube to work with my current set up. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weingarden View Post
    I just received the Laguna Rotary Adapter and see that it has a relatively small diameter tube to connect to the vacuum pump. I used to use a Oneway adapter for my Jet 1642. It was set up with regular compressor hose and male/female connectors. I'm not sure how to adapt the thin Laguna tube to work with my current set up. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
    The local Ace Hardware (and probably Home Depot) has a variety of hose barbs with threaded connections. You could, for example, screw one into a fitting to adapt to your pump hose. Also, Joe Woodworker sells special quick-connect fittings made for vacuum rather than pressure. (Those made for compressed air often won't hold a vacuum.)
    https://www.veneersupplies.com/produ...-Assembly.html

JKJ

I just stuck min into a tube and put a tie wrap on it. I'll take a picture tomorrow. Vacuum hold great.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Thanks for the suggestion John. I look forward to seeing your picture Wm.

I used a hose clamp not a tie wrap. I think the Laguna tube is a 1/4" od and I had some 1/4" id braided tubing. It is about 2" in and has a hose clamp. I don't have the need to disconnect it for any reason. I also rigged a switch with some magmets so the switch would set on the headstock.

fullsizeoutput_68b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_68f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_691.jpeg
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

That's an easy solution. Thanks for the pics.

When I first started using my vacuum chuck (frugalvacuumchuck), I bought some clear vinyl tubing. The vacuum flattened the tubing. The was a waste of $7. So I went back and bought some milky colored Poly tubing - - the stiff stuff. It works great. I didn't bother to use any clamps. The hose barbs worked fine and I make my connection to poly tubing that goes through the spindle (3/8" OD) with the next sized larger poly tubing. Just a press fit. But a good enough fit that I can draw about 25 inches of Hg.