Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knowing When NOT To Sell To Someone

Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    Yes I still Have my boat Frederick. The delivery people never showed up for the boat. I would not have let them have it if they did. Their check never would have put money into my bank account had I cashed it. I did sell the boat a few weeks later.
    Sorry Mike. I was trying to follow what you did. I get it now. Thanks for explaining!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

A local guy who I have dealt with before offered me the same as the first guy. Nothing else from CL. I told the local guy if no one offers me more, it's his.

He bought an airless sprayer from me about a year ago. When I answered the door I saw this big work truck out front. I asked him if I could see it. I have never seen anything so organized! The planer should have a good home.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

No need to apologize Frederick.

I'm sure your new buyer will much appreciate the planer Julie. Makes for a good feeling all around.

Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    When I found out about the scam online, I went through with the sale. When the check for the boat I was selling arrived I took it to my bank, and they surely would have cashed it as it looked quite authentic.
    I had read online that it really ticked off the scammers when they sent out a check and nothing happened because they sent it by certified mail and paid that cost..
    My son used to engage scammers for sport. I tried to explain that it could get him killed (as you say, they don't like it) but he knew more than me.

There is a risk in everything in life I suppose Wade. I have always been bothered by people who take advantage of other people. Most people like the ones that would take money from innocent people many miles away are not the type to take serious actions against someone else.
    But I do appreciate your advice as it seems a bit more logical then mine.

Lately a lot of scammers seem to be getting lazy, texting that they want my 'item', or 'is the listing still available'? Not even bothering to adjust their text to the item for sale.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.