Thread: New HVLP tip Worth it for latex? Old Capsrpay cs8000

New HVLP tip Worth it for latex? Old Capsrpay cs8000

I have my dad's hand me down Capstpray cs8000 turbine HVLP. It came with a wagner hvlp gun with thin tip I discovered. It's about $80 for a #4 needle, cap, and tip which would allow me to spray latex.

I probably should just buy it so the system is complete now that I think about it. Was debating a cheaper system on amazon but those are more for very small jobs and needles can't be changed etc.

I've used a campbell hausfield HVLP turbine gun so far with decent results. I have to add Extend to thin it a little. I also don't think the needle is the correct one. My dad used it for thin stuff apparently.

When spraying a large 70" long dog crate media center, whats the best route to not get overspray and ruin the top? Spray that last and in the inside first?

Spray the inside first and the top last. If your old turbine works, get the tip to do what you need. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.