Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bandsaw delima

Yea see what you mean. Grizzly is most stable but I'm sure both machines are made in the same place. worst case, would be make a part or possible go to the manufacture. It is only a small concern a friend has an old grizzly planer and the head bearing failed. Grizzly had the part but he went to a local supplier here called Purvis and they had the bearing in a FAG brand (good bearing) so he went that way, works just fine. I figure it is bearings, switches and motors all of which we should be able to get here if we look hard enough. Other than that problems usually get worked out up front.
    Thanks for the help everyone.

I would think the only parts issue you could face would be if you knocked it over years from now and broke something cast iron that had to be ordered from the manufacturer. Even then you might be able to find used parts on ebay.

Bandsaws are also rather simple machines and most of the parts that need replacing are off the shelf type things unless as Alex mentioned and you actually break something that normally never breaks in use.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Ok Fellas. I know this started as a grizzly only but I have decided to order the laguna 18bx today. I will let you know how it goes. With the woodcraft sale and the ceramic guide that review well and that I cut a lot of green wood and as Van pointed out , its a no brainer. Thank you to everyone for the help I think this will fit my needs well.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Dean S Walker View Post
    Ok Fellas. I know this started as a grizzly only but I have decided to order the laguna 18bx today. I will let you know how it goes. With the woodcraft sale and the ceramic guide that review well and that I cut a lot of green wood and as Van pointed out , its a no brainer. Thank you to everyone for the help I think this will fit my needs well.

Dean

If if you don’t like it, bring it over and I’ll swap you my grizzly. LOL

I'll keep that in mind Greg
    Dean