Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size 44 (what a happy holiday!)

Way to go Rich. As a guy who dropped 75 lbs (230-155--yeah I am a really scrawny guy), I can sympathize.

I did mine back in 2003 and have kept it off. It is amazing what happens once you change your eating habits. I eat the perimeter of the grocery store (lots of fresh veg and fruits, nothing pre-package). Almost no sugar and very few carbs.

Good luck

Keep Up,the good work!! I’m also doing a weight loss regiment weighed 305 in January......February 1st I started my journey to lose 80 pounds...as of this past Sunday I’ve lost 73.....7 to go......I’m gonna go for an even 100......went from a 42 waist to a 34 currently....Feels really good!!
    I can sure make a mean pile of Saw Dust !!!

Congrats Rich!!!!! I'm on the same journey as you. Started at 285 and now at 258. My goal, set my my liver doc, is 200 pounds. I'd love to see the "under 200 mark". I'm fighting fatty liver disease and my hope and prater is that I win.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

congrats, from someone heading in the opposite direction!

Congratulations Rich!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Rich, you the man. Thanks for sharing your success, it inspires and challenges the rest of us. Congrats!

Blog Entries
    My rate of loss is much less. My big thrill was stepping on the scale at the gym and seeing it hit below 220.

Still hovering around that spot. Trying to get back into eating more salads and less ice cream.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Still hovering around that spot. Trying to get back into eating more salads and less ice cream.
    I'll tell you what helped me the most (besides, perhaps, working up a sweat every day cleaning up this property!): backing off on the peach cobbler with ice cream and drinking water when I got hungry. I carried water with me out on the tractor, at the barn, mowing the usual 3 acres, etc. Being out of the house and away from the goodies helped too, but when I felt hungry (very often, in fact) I took a big swig of water which seemed to trick my stomach into being satisfied for a bit. Rinse and repeat.

My problem now is my Lovely Bride. Besides keeping the house stocked with Dove bars and snacks, she keeps cooking! Just this week she made pound cake, pear bread, pear and apple butter, cookies, and a heavenly sauce to dribble over ice cream. Not much more tempting than hot cookies fresh out of the oven.

JKJ

Congrats. Unfortunately your tag line doesn't exactly blend with your weight loss goals. My weight can vary by as much as 10 pounds in a week, depending upon my eating and drinking (sodas) habits. Weigh both morning and night. Down three pounds since Wednesday night. A medicine I take doesn't help my cause either. Most lose weight while taking it, but I'm the lucky 5% who gain weight. My wife's husband is a GOOD cook, and cooks the things I like, which also doesn't help my cause
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 09-07-2018 at 9:24 AM.

Unfortunately your tag line doesn't exactly blend with your weight loss goals
    Yeah bread and "liquid bread" are my downfall. I limit that to my every other Tuesday - "cheat night". We hit a local eatery (Winking Lizard) that serves the very best hot wings- (made with Carolina Reaper & Scorpion peppers - about 750,000 scovilles) and cold Yuengling Light on draft....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon