Thread: Taytools replacement dominoes

Taytools replacement dominoes

Saw these on Amazon, and they are quite a bit cheaper than the Festool brand. Anybody tried these? Is the fit the same? Just wondering, as I have been making children’s chairs and need to reorder soon.

Prices are very nice, but I wish they made the larger sizes...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Prices are very nice, but I wish they made the larger sizes...
    Don't forget to check out Amazon.de they have the 700 assortments at VERY nice prices. You could sell the cutters and Systainer and get the Dominoes for free, that is what I have been doing for a while. I have multiple bags of Dominos, extra cutters and 4 Systainers that I have less than zero dollars in.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Yes, the Taylor Tools dominoes are good, been using these for a while now. Also note that Holbren has CMT Domino cutters for far less then the Festool ones. https://www.holbren.com/festool-domino-bits

Seconding amazon.de. Just bought a set of Kapex extensions for exactly 1/2 the price of what they sell for in the US.

Thanks guys, I have been buying the Holbren bits for my 500 and they work well. I’m going to give the taytools dominoes a shot when I order again. I appreciate the responses.
    Kevin
    Last edited by Kevin Womer; 09-03-2018 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

Another recommendation for buying from Amazon.de.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Don't forget to check out Amazon.de they have the 700 assortments at VERY nice prices. You could sell the cutters and Systainer and get the Dominoes for free, that is what I have been doing for a while. I have multiple bags of Dominos, extra cutters and 4 Systainers that I have less than zero dollars in.
    I already bought them from there. Using the assortments for "general" replenishment can make sense, but when you do a project that uses a lot of a particular size, it's nice to be able to buy a large quantity of that size. Taytools has 10mm, but nothing larger that I can see. A lot of what I envision using my D700 for entails 12mm and 14mm tenons. The job I helped my friend with (some interior bi-fold doors) used a lot of 12mm, for example. Being able to buy a "bag" of 100 at a reasonable cost would be nice in those cases and I really don't care who's name is on them. The name brand version wasn't inexpensive, of course.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...