Thread: The joys of a fresh spoilboard

The joys of a fresh spoilboard

Im trying to find the reward in being self employed, working seven days a week, including holidays, in the minimal highlight of working on a Sunday before Memorial**edit** uh.. labor? all saints? flag?.. whatever tomorrow is** Day (which I will also have to work) but the bit of joy that comes from decking off the spoil board, flipping it, and two 8 thou passes and its dead fresh ready to be torn up all over again.

Simple pleasures.
    Last edited by Mark Bolton; 09-02-2018 at 2:14 PM.

Yup...that fresh, "smooth as a baby's posterior" spoilboard is a CNC owner's delight.

Now about that holiday...it's a long way until May, so perhaps you'll accept having to work on Labor Day? You need to be sure to take some "me time", my friend! Stay healthy. Stay sane. (as much as practical... ) And enjoy life to refresh.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My dyslexia applies to everything in life lol. I can never remember which one is the beginning of summer and which is the end so I just toss them out interchangeably lol. Unfortunately there isnt a lot of time to refresh in the grind lol. Im actually taking my first true vacation in probably 10-15 years in a couple weeks. If I dont chew my nails down to the root, then through my fingers and to the knuckles while on it, I will have some hands to work with when I get back. 30 years in this racket and Ive never lost a digit but an actual vacation may cost me all ten of them by the time I get back lol