Thread: Drawer Mounting

Drawer Mounting

Mounting very shallow drawers under a long (10’) tabletop style desk that abuts walls on three sides. Has anyone come across a clean approach to doing this they would care to share? Was actually thinking of Blum’s Metabox possibly.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

I'd screw 1x2 or 1x3 up underneath the table top, with the 1 edge touching the table top. I'd mount sidemount slides to the face of the 1x3 and to the side of the drawer. Of course, the choice of 1x2 or 1x3 or whatever depends upon what you mean by "very shallow".

An alternative would be slides called "pencil drawer slides". For instance https://www.amazon.com/Pencil-Drawer.../dp/B0006FKWCA

Do what Jamie says. It's simple and it works. Make the drawer face full overlay and it looks like the drawer hangs on nothing. Cheers

Gents ... that seemed the reasonable approach. Good to get confirmation. Good tip on the full overlay. I'm debating the slides (I have dozens of full ext. Accuride type) and those would work with the former method.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius

This seems like a great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    I'd screw 1x2 or 1x3 up underneath the table top, with the 1 edge touching the table top. I'd mount sidemount slides to the face of the 1x3 and to the side of the drawer. Of course, the choice of 1x2 or 1x3 or whatever depends upon what you mean by "very shallow".

An alternative would be slides called "pencil drawer slides". For instance https://www.amazon.com/Pencil-Drawer.../dp/B0006FKWCA