Thread: Tablesaw Router Table

Tablesaw Router Table

I am looking for someone who has installed a router table on a SawStop 30" Professional saw. Did you buy a table or make one? Yes, Sawstop makes a cast iron one, but that is way more than I want to spend. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

Yes, I recently did. I replaced the MDF SawStop extension table with my own creation. I'm generally pretty happy with it. I sandwiched a 3/4" plywood with a 1/2" plywood to get a bit more thickness. I ended up spending $100 on a Woodpeckers table insert and used their template to cut the hole. I created an attachment that clamps onto the tablesaw fence-- it has an adjustable opening and my attempt at dust collection (which is partially effective).

Two mistakes I made-- the plywood table is not perfectly flat (but good enough for me). The miter track isn't super effective unless I cut slots into the fence rails which I haven't done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is it possible to install a router table on the left side ? I am not sure which way your Sawstop blade tilts,if it is left tilt then this is a good option. Peachtree makes a cast iron router table extension .Grizzly also has one. Mike.

I have this capability on my non-SawStop saw but I do not use it much. I built it first but didn't use it long until I built a stand alone. If I was very organized and could do all my sawing, then all my routing it would work but I am not that organized. The router table inhibited the saw use too much. But I still have it and it is occasionally nice to have two.

Mine is just a piece of melamine particle board (nice slick surface) with a recess for a fixed base for one of my PC 690 routers on the underside and a hole for the bit to come through. I built a separate fence (so I could still use the saw fence for the saw) which is secured by knobs with threaded posts that turn into nuts on the underside of the melamine. The fence has slots. No router plate (I have never used one). Works fine.

I may buy a SawStop before I retire and if I do, I will probably put a setup like this one it. It is simple, cheap, and works fine.

I did on my 50” ICS using the stock table. Works fine.
    Bob C

I used the fence rails to attach the auxiliary table, and those don't extend to the left.

Roger I have a router table set up on the left side of my Delta contractor saw. I took an extra cast iron extension to a machine shop and got a hole machined and a spare base for my porter cable 690 mounted to the extension.It is installed in place of the left table extension wing. This is my jobsite saw and the left side works real well,especially when it is cast iron. Mike.