Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My shop shots prompted by Ken Shoemaker

My shop shots prompted by Ken Shoemaker

1. is a shot from the door way.

2. is a shot from the other end of the room toward the door.

3. is a shot down the other side of the room.

4. is a shot showing my turning corner with my lathes & sharpening station.

5. is a shot for the door end of the shop showing the other side of the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

The second part of my post

This bench was built to hold my CMS & Mortiser on top & my planer & Spindle sander underneath.
    The spindle sander is raised to working height by having a wheel barrow inner tube on its side underneath a false bottomed box when the inner tube is inflated it raises the Spindle sander. My mechanic tools are in the drawers in the middle of the cabinet which is a little over 7' long.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Bart, I have said it before and I will say it again: I am amazed at what you manage to fit into your shop! Well done!

Whenever I think I am crowded in my shop, I think of you in your shop
    Last edited by Frank Pellow; 11-24-2005 at 10:06 PM.

Great shop Bart, it looks like you have everything a woodworker would need in there.

Do you lock the door when you use the bandsaw?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice shop Bart. My granddad told me one time, functional is all that is necessary. It sure does look functional.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Dang it, Bart! You've got a LOT of equipment in that shop space!!! How big of an area is it? Regardless, loads of neat organizational initiatives going on in there! Well done, my friend!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    Great shop Bart, it looks like you have everything a woodworker would need in there.

Do you lock the door when you use the bandsaw?
    Bruce: The only one that would come through that bathroom door would be the LOML & she knows that you don't come through either the outside door or the bathroom door when a machine is running & my wood working buddy always calls on the phone before he drops by. One time the LOML came in & about 1/2 the way across the shop when I had my back turned working at the drill-press I just happened ot glance around & was startled & said don't ever do that to me a little louder than I meant to. I apologized later. The LOML doesn't come through a closed door just cracks it to peek in to see if its safe to enter with an open door she just stands in the opening.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 11-25-2005 at 2:31 PM.

Wow!! Bart, now that gettin' 100lbs. in a 10lbs. sack. I've been studying your pics so I can get more in my shop.

I've got a lot to learn.

Thanks for showing it to us.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Dang it, Bart! You've got a LOT of equipment in that shop space!!! How big of an area is it? Regardless, loads of neat organizational initiatives going on in there! Well done, my friend!
    John: The room is 13'5" x 24'5" with a 7' 10" ceiling.

I don't know if you noticed but along the wall above the panel-saw I have 16' of 24" deep shelves approximatly 12" below the ceiling its a great way to use otherwise lost storage space. I hope to have a shop with a 10' ceiling some day & will use this idea to create lots of storage. The shelves are strong enough I can hange my 190 lbs off it anywhere along its length.

I thought I was crowded then I won the drawing for the jet mini lathe at the last BBQ & turning get together in Bellingham . I wasn't about to get rid of my Delta Double Duty lathe manufactured in the 1930's & the Jet is such great fun to use too. Plus when I go to the next BBQ I can take my own lathe along. I just said oh my oh well I'll figure out where to put the new lathe.

WOW! I saw your first post and thought how did he do That? Then you posted more! You have given me some ideas, and I thought I was out of room. Thanks
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Shoemaker
    Wow!! Bart, now that gettin' 100lbs. in a 10lbs. sack. I've been studying your pics so I can get more in my shop.

I've got a lot to learn.

Thanks for showing it to us.
    Ken go get this free download shop designer

http://www.inthewoodshop.org/software/software.shtml

It will help you a whole lot. You can size the tools to match your own & use the bench tool for any tool that is isn't on the tool list just size it for the length & width of the tool you want to indicate.

Here is a look at my shop.

Bart, i like how you've organized those storage bins! since mine don't have a real home, they tend to hang out on any available horizontal surface and are always in the way. I may have to copy that idea if you don't mind.

Great looking shop!

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    Bruce: The only one that would come through that bathroom door would be the LOML
    You have a bathroom in your shop! Isn't that against the rules?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    You have a bathroom in your shop! Isn't that against the rules?
    Apparently he does. But where is the fire hydrant?
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    Apparently he does. But where is the fire hydrant?
    The hydrant is right out on the street & the fire dept. is a block away.

I have to say that the shop building isn't my own the shop is in an old storage room here at 1 of the apartment complexes that the LOML & I manage.