Thread: Outfeed Table for DeWalt 7491RS Portable Saw Part 1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Outfeed Table for DeWalt 7491RS Portable Saw Part 1

At the suggestion of Lee Schierer from a post in a different forum, here is an outfeed table for the DWE 7491RS portable saw. The table cantilevers from the rear tubular frame of the saw and doesn't interfere with the rack and pinion rear drive guide for the rip fence. It assembles and lifts onto the saw in seconds and stores compactly for ease of transport or storage when not needed. I normally like to do a Sketchup design first, but didn't in this case, and just winged it .

The table measures 26.5" square
    DWE 7491RS Outfeed Table.jpg

The parts store compactly and are easily transported.
    Wings Stored.jpg

Assembly is quick.
    Table Asseembled 1.jpgTable Assembled 2.jpg

A straight edge makes a convenient reference for measuring and positioning for the support wings.
    Straight Edge.jpg

The wings provide the support for the table Additional legs are optional although I have not needed them.
    Wings installed.jpg

A cross member provides for rigidity and locates the table to maintain repeatable clearance from the rip fence guides. A good fit between the notches in the wings and the cross member is important for stability and ease of assembly.
    Cross Member.jpg

Since I have reached the picture limit, I'll continue the rest of the build in Part 2............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 08-30-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Dick Mahany.