Thread: How do you make this cutting board?!

How do you make this cutting board?!

board.jpg

Is it just a bunch of quadrilaterals glued together, or is there a technique I am not seeing?
    It would have to be all endgrain to get it to glue up properly; wouldn't it?
    How would you claim it?

Go to MTM woodworking. He is in Russia but makes all kinds of unique cutting boards. He also will sell downloadable plans I'm sure he has some plans for a 3D board.

I can't find the link but I have seen some great videos on making them on You Tube.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It's just end grain cuts at an angle--I forgot the exact angle, maybe 60? Then trim the edge, flip, glue together to achieve the 3D effect. I probably simplified that by a lot so here's MTM's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n0LdU8ZOJU&vl=en

Fascinating video!
    Thanks.

Alex Snodgrass from Carter Bandsaw Products passed out a 2-page set of directions at the Woodworking Shows over the past year or two. There may be a reference on the Carter Products website or maybe even a video on YouTube. Based on his demos, brief discussion, and information sheet, getting the final result requires a lot of precision and a couple of "tricks"; doable, but not as easy as it looks. It's a very nice look though.

Nicest cutting board I have ever seen. Will definitely try to make one. Thanks for the question,and video Wade& Brian.