Thread: Laser is in Error Mode. laser not receiving jobs

Laser is in Error Mode. laser not receiving jobs

Hello all -
    I moved recently and since moving have not been able to get computer to communicate with laser. This is my setup:
    Epilog Mini 24 laser
    Mac computer running Parallels desktop/CorelDraw/Epilog Job Manager.
    I have the supplied crossover ethernet cable hooked up to laser.

The issue: When I send a job to the laser, I get a 'printer is in error mode' message and the job never shows up at the laser.
    I have reset the ports multiple times, reinstalled Parallels, restarted computer, tested other cables including the USB cable... and nothing.

I didn't change anything in the setup since moving, so Im a bit baffled why its not communicating now.
    Any thoughts on other things to check?
    I left the IP address at 192.168.003.004 and the port just adds a _1 or _2 and so on each time I create a new port. I've also tried to delete these ports to clear everything out and start fresh, but I get a message saying 'port is in use' and unable to delete a few of them.

Any help/advice is super appreciated.
    Trevor Bittinger
    Epilog Mini 24 - 40 watt

Obviously, you should see if Epilo has any advice. However, it sounds only too much like a bad motherboard to me. My mini went through three of them. :-(
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.