Thread: Iphone pics

Iphone pics

Many times when I post pics from my iphone they end up sideways. And way to fix this? Any better apps to use from my iphone?

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    You can also open your photos in a photo viewer and see how they orient before you post them. Iphones and other apple products embed information in the file that automatically rotates them so they are viewed right side up. If you have a windows based device check your photos there before uploading them to SMC.

Please note that is your photo is oriented incorrectly you have 24 hours to fix the problem by deleting the image and uploading a corrected one. After 24 hours only moderators can make changes to posts.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I have to disagree with Mark in the thread linked to above that the problem is with vbulletin. Other viewing software behaves the same way. It is a flaw in Apple software that they refuse to fix. I am an amateur photographer and I have shot seriously with maybe 10 cameras and posted thousands of pictures over the years. None of them produced erroneous files like that. Apple has a strong motivation to do things differently than the rest of the industry in order to keep consumers away from other brands of equipment. I choose not to play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post

I use Photoshop or the inexpensive Photoshop Elements on my laptop to rotate, process, size, and compress photos for posting. It always works.

Blog Entries
    Windows Live Photo Gallery also does a good job of editing photos. The best thing is is free.

Although Windows Essentials (which includes Photo Gallery) is not supported (won't get any updates) anymore, you still can download the offline installer. During the installation you can choose which programs you want to install. You can search for "windows Live Photo Gallery Download" to locate a download site or go here
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute