Thread: Lamp Talble

Lamp Talble

I don't see a section oft he forum designated for introductions so briefly... I am 61 years old. I took an early retirement a few years ago and had nothing to do. Fortunately, I was able go back into the workforce, but with retirement not all that far away I wanted to come up with a hobby which would take up some time.

I have been woodworking since July 2017. Started by building a Paul Sellers workbench. I then spent a good bit of time just practicing making joints, mortise and tenons and dovetails, criticizing my work then throwing them onto the scrap pile. I have a made a couple simple tables and a wall shelf. I am still a long way from being proficient, but feel like I am making progress.

My son gave me the book "Great Designs from Fine Woodworking Furniture". I found the plans for this table in that book. It is my first project with ad rawer. I made several mistakes while making this table, but none I could not recover from and all of them were valuable learning experiences.

Thanks for looking at these pics and if anyone sees anything I did not do the best way or if they have recommendations on how to do things better, I appreciate constructive criticism!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a sweet little table, bobby. I especially like the drawer front with the cherry cock-bead .. very classy.

Very nice! You should be proud. Details like the cockbeading and double M&Ts are not the easiest to get right. You did good! Look forward to more of your projects.

And welcome!

Blog Entries
    Great looking wood and a great looking table.
    Welcome to SMC....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Blog Entries
    Recovering from our mistakes along the way teaches us valuable lessons. That table looks like you recovered wonderfully from whatever you ran into. Well done.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Very nice project, I like the curly maple on the drawer. Those weren't mistakes they were learning opportunities. Besides if you don't tell anyone, 99% of the people looking at it won't see them.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for all of the positive comments! I wanted to build another identical table to refine the process, but I don't need an identical one so in the mean time I am in the process of figuring out what is next. Maybe a chest of drawers.