Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video editing software

IMovie is about the easiest to use, there's no requirement to shoot your videos with an iPhone or Pad. I do run into things I can't do easily in it, especially related to integrating separate audio and video feeds. I use it with video I shoot on my Nikon. DaVinci Resolve also seems reasonably straightforward. For more heavy lifting I use Premiere Pro, which is not free, but comes with the other Adobe software I need. It has a significant learning curve, which I have not climbed. I'd guess the Apple's Final Cut Pro is also very capable and probably easier to use.

^^ I agree with this for folks running MacOS. iMovie is easy, has a lot of features and is free since it comes with the OS. I use both iPhone and my Nikon DSLR for video content when I create "formal" video.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I used Power Director when I was Windows based. When I bought my first MacBook laptop circa 2010, I used iMovie.

I tried Final Cut, but it just didn't seem logical and I was not prepared to put the time in to learn it.

About 4 months ago, I found out Power Director now has a Mac version. Although not free, I much prefer it to iMovie. The Titling, transitions and video editing features are so rich and easy to use in Power Director.

I will not go back to iMovie.

I used to use Power Director but switched over to Adobe Premiere. Both were easy to use.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.