Thread: Just four pieces of Pine scraps...

Just four pieces of Pine scraps...

And 8 wedges from Walnut....
    end view.jpg
    Only stands 8" tall....Step Stool? Foot Rest? Plant Stand...Tablet Stand( used it for that Saturday..)
    IMG_5504 (640x480).jpg
    Top is 8-5/8" wide x 11-3/4" long, and is a glue up of three pieces..cut the defects out of two 1 x 10 scraps, then matched up the grain
    underside.jpg
    Stretcher used to be a bit of 1 x4 scrap.
    Through Mortise & Tenon joints, with Walnut wedges.

Waiting on word from the Boss as to what flavour she wants this done as..
    side view.jpg
    Cute little bugger, ain't it?

"Simple" projects like this can be so satisfying! And that's really excellent.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    That's nice enough to put your name on. Very nice simple project.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Well, a finish has been applied, today....waited on the first two items to dry..before the last item...waiting on it to dry overnight..
    end view.jpg
    End view...."Golden Pecan" Stain, followed by Amber Shellac, after the stain was dry..
    side view.jpg
    A view from the side...and..
    top view.jpg
    A view of the top. maybe tomorrow, I can rub this out.

You have done some very nice work on this project. I do question the design with the top being wider than the base which could result in a nasty fall if used for a foot stool. I have posted pictures of a foot stool design that is very stable and has stood the test of time if you are interested. Go to search engine and put in “London’s wood stool” then click search and go to page 6.
    Last edited by Gordon Eyre; 08-31-2018 at 1:21 AM. Reason: Add info

This was more for "Home Decor"...like as a foot rest, or just sit in a window, with a small planter on it. Just made from the leftovers of other projects. May have some Ash coming to the shop, soon...IF there is enough to"go around" may build a second, larger, sturdier version that one can even step on. This one will have a "NO STEP" label....

First, the Boss want an Entertainment Center built....then we'll see what the scraps can be used for.

Has since been donated to the wife's Pastor.....Auburn Street Baptist Church. He says he will set his Bible on it, during services....works for me.