Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The perpetual question: Minimax v. Hammer, does it really just come down to price?

FWIW, I purchased a few Minimax machines from Sam Blasco a year ago. Before and after sales support have exceed my expectations.
    Mark McFarlane

And there's the Felder contracts, which may or may not matter, depending on the individual.

When you accept the order, the contract you sign says:

"All machines are checked and tested at our factory in Austria to the point that material is run through the machine. In most cases the machines keep their tolerance's very well and will arrive to your shop in great condition and ready to run. A calibration service is available and can be scheduled with our service department. Please confirm yes or no if you would be interested in this service at an additional fee. Keep in mind free phone / internet support is available for the life of your machine and many smaller / easy adjustment can be done by the customer with support from our team."

And there's a "Yes" and "No" for you to check. Under that it says:

Not all machines require a calibration / installation service but if you are interested please confirm costs with your sales representative. It's in bold and underlined on the contract.

When you submit your initial deposit, the contract you sign says:

"I understand and have agreed that the charges being debited are being accepted as guaranteed cash payment for parts and/or services rendered. I further understand and agree that the above charge/debit is therefore non-refundable."

When you submit final payment, the contract you sign says:

"I understand and have agreed that the charges being debited are being accepted as guaranteed cash payment for parts and/or services rendered. I further understand and agree that the above charge/debit is therefore indisputable."
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    And there's the Felder contracts, which may or may not matter, depending on the individual.

When you accept the order, the contract you sign says:

"All machines are checked and tested at our factory in Austria to the point that material is run through the machine. In most cases the machines keep their tolerance's very well and will arrive to your shop in great condition and ready to run. A calibration service is available and can be scheduled with our service department. Please confirm yes or no if you would be interested in this service at an additional fee. Keep in mind free phone / internet support is available for the life of your machine and many smaller / easy adjustment can be done by the customer with support from our team."
    This turned me off as well "we didn't necessarily build this but we did look at it and it may or may not be calibrated correctly". I also felt as though I received very few straight answers from the Felder sales reps I spoke with at the office in Delaware. Was also tough seeing the Felder-branded K and AD series machines next to the Hammer stuff as the differences in build quality (and pricing) are pretty stark.
    Last edited by Peter Kelly; 09-08-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    wasnt thinking that at all, now im wondering what is wrong with me, geez I hope im not oh never mind, one nod of the head or wiggle of the nose and no Lift truck needed and presto right in the basement all wired up.
    JK Rolling can help you with that...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    David, could you provide a link to those groups? I've had trouble finding them.
    Any luck finding the SCM group?

Blog Entries
    Thank you!

Thanks for the link!

do you have to join it or can you just read it, is it for all SCM stuff or just the MM stuff

You'll need a Yahoo acct and submit a request to join.