Thread: Blum hinge drilling templates

Blum hinge drilling templates

Hi there,

I need to build some cabinets using blumotion clip top hinges and I'm trying to figure out what templates I can use for both the doors and the cabinet drilling. I will be using insert doors.

I'm not normally a cabinet guy. I normally build windows and doors but an important customer has requested I do this project for them.

Thank you

Most Borgs will have the little cQheapy clear plastic template near the hinges. They work plenty well and cost next to nothing. I keep one on my kit just in case.

Go to the Blum website and click on Planning Tools. That should at least get you started.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Rockler has the jigs for blum hinges. As well as shelf pin hole drilling jigs.

Also, Euro hinges are standardized, so you could Alexis just Google the specs and lay them out the old fashion way. Any old scrap can become a jig with three well placed holes.

I ALWAYS make a sample out of scraps. Saves a lot of head aches later.

I made mine ages ago when I construct the cabinets for our home. I took the dimensions from the hinge manufacturer and constructed the gig using a Wolfcraft accessory for drillers to bore vertically. It worked nice.

Unfortunately I trashed it just one year ago otherwise I could insert its picture.... but it isn't rocket science to make one.

All the best.

I generally clamp a fence to the drill press that puts the center of the bit the correct distance from the edge. Set the stop for depth and position the "vertical" positioning with a tape or if I have a bunch a stop. But the door against the fence, slide left or right and plunge.

Joe