Thread: Puzzle Piece Wedding Guest Book Idea Help

Puzzle Piece Wedding Guest Book Idea Help

Getting married mid October and had the idea of making a puzzle piece guestbook type thing. I saw a template on clearance at Woodcraft, two puzzle pieces and I figured I can route with a pattern bit and make a bunch. Well the woodcraft template fits like garbage, huge gaps.

So I'm drawing a blank how to do this. I really just need one piece I can use a template and make a bunch if it's small or I was thinking I can make like 10 good sized ones for the tables the guest can write on while eating dinner etc. I would then glue them together and seal it.

Any ideas?

Here's a piece I found on Etsy that comes in different sizes. I think the 10" piece would be great for a table to share. That would work theoretically right, buying one and just cutting more with router?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5916443...iABEgK4p_D_BwE

At the six bucks asking price from the ETSY seller...and considering it's someone else's design/product, I'd just buy them all rather than just one to trace. At 1/8" thick, they wouldn't be great for a template, too. Otherwise, you can easily create your own template using 1/4" MDF and basic tools, starting with sketching "half" or a "quarter" on poster board and flipping to get the mirror image, the same way someone would design this on the computer to cut with a CNC. A minor deviation isn't going to be noticeable in the end and the 1/4" MDF is easy to smooth to make a good template to reproduce them in the quantity you want to make.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...