Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: War Hero Released from Active Service

I didn't agree with him either, but he had my respect. Same with John Kerry.
    They both earned the right to stand on whichever side of the aisle that they believed was correct.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Sometimes I agreed, sometimes I didn't agree, with John McCain which in itself says he was his own man. And this country could use more politicians who wore the uniform. I believe he put country before party.

Blog Entries
    I read all of the posts in this thread and I agree with all of them.

What I want to know is where did my post about, White House having to be pressured to lower flags to half staff, go? I guess it didn't fit with someone's political feelings!

Bruce, I sent you a PM about it on Monday.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce, under the new format, I had to figure where PM's are now. Also where did thread about how Keith support SMC in future go

Bruce, SMC has not changed formats. If you are seeing something different you are probably seeing the mobile format. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select vB4 Default Style.
    In regards to the funding thread, it had run it’s course.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

R.I.P. John, you will always be an true American Hero!

Same computer, but format changed a couple months back. A couple other have also noted this. As for scrolling down to bottom of page and selecting vB4 default style, there is nothing at bottom of page for that. There is log out, full site, and top listed as choices

Bruce,.....at the very bottom of my page is a blue bar. At left edge of that bar is a drop down screen where you can select "vB4 Default Style.

I switched to the "mobile default style" and saw what you are getting. Select "FullSite". Then at the bottom of the page select "vB4 Default Style."
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 08-29-2018 at 9:49 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Bruce,.....at the very bottom of my page is a blue bar. At left edge of that bar is a drop down screen where you can select "vB4 Default Style.

I switched to the "mobile default style" and saw what you are getting. Select "FullSite". Then at the bottom of the page select "vB4 Default Style."
    Thanks Ken. Selected "full site" and returned to old style format. Maybe there should be a "sticky" somewhere explaining the process, as when my format changed, so did the format for some others.

Lee did it yesterday. https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....format-changed

It's a sticky under Forum Support.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I am late to the service and like others in the thread we had different basic leanings but I always had the utmost respect for him. I always felt he did what he thought was right the vast majority of the time whether it was politically expedient or not at the time. RIP Senator McCain and thank you for your service both inside and outside our country.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I was surprised at the high number of events in different places. But he planned it and his family was able to get through a
    pretty taxing schedule. His Mom is a real paragon of dignified composure.

Respect for his sacrifice and military service, yes. Beyond that, it is impolite to speak ill of the dead.