Thread: Help with tool chest.

Help with tool chest.

A few months ago I purchased a tool chest from Home Depot
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Frontier...25T%7C25_Tools

I would like to add a small metal shelf to the top of the peg board to hold cans of WD40, spray paint etc.... nothing large. Just wide enough for one row of cans.
    Found this online, About the right size at 48" long. Workbench is 62" wide. But was hoping for something a little cheaper. Any ideas?
    https://www.crateandbarrel.com/davis-48-zinc-wall-shelf/s679150

I will build one out of wood if I cant find what I want.
    Another reason for the shelf, I would like to mount an LED strip shop light under it to light the bench top,
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 08-23-2018 at 9:36 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Search ebay for "pegboard bottle shelf". These baskets might do the trick: Garage Wall Organizer Pegboard Storage Tool Box Shelf Baskets Steel Mesh 2 PACK
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

Blog Entries
    I've made shelves and racks for use on the hardboard peg board in my shop by using some of the longer straight hooks, changing the angle to 90 degrees and then drilling a pair of snug fitting holes into the edge of a piece of wood with the right spacing to fit the peg hole spacing.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute