Hong Kong-Style Trim Planes
    Web Link

07P1212s1.jpg

Rabbet Plane
    Web Link

07P1412s1.jpg
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie Simpson View Post
    Yep, I wonder where those Hong Kong style planes are made.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

4. Ordered the limited edition pocket plane.

I have had the Veritas Pocket Plane for a while (for pre-production evaluation). It is a very comfortable plane in the hand. The mouth is tight and it takes a fine shaving.

Competition for the Pocket Plane comes from the LN Violin Maker's plane, which is about the same size. I purchased one a year ago, and felt that the mouth needed to be closed up (which I did with brass shim). Also a nice plane. Of the two, the Veritas gets the nod for ergonomics and PM-V11 steel.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Blog Entries
    Wow. That limited edition pocket plane is much like the NX60 that I have drooled over. I get these bonuses now and then, and when I do I have a thing where I buy something totally frivolous. The NX60 has always been on my list of frivolous purchases, but I've yet to pull the trigger. I think it's a sexy plane, and also it looks like it would really fit the hand well. It's something I don't really need, but I would like to have. Something else always comes up and the money goes there.

The stainless and nickel 40th anniversary plane is the perfect boatbuilding plane, because much of that work is done outside, and we frequently get unexpected showers where I live. A tool always ends up mistakenly left out. It's also high humidity here. I am always attracted to the bronze or stainless options for this reason. I may have to pull the trigger on that one. In fact... I have a cart already open, so I guess I might as well.

Hilton, you are now on the list of people who are going to have to chip in to help pay my divorce fees when Amy finds out how much I really spent on these tools. I came here just to gain a few new tips on woodworking, and here you have to post this and put my marriage at risk. It's your fault. (of course I'm kidding- thanks for the tip)

Ugh, I saw that pocket plane this morning. Putting it in my cart now while I wonder why I'm like this.

Unfortunately, the NX60 has not been made for several years now. While it is still in the online catalog and is listed as temporarily unavailable, one has to wonder if they will ever reappear. It was on my list also, but last year I finally gave up and bought the DX60. That pocket plane appeals to me the same way!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasin Haroon View Post
    Ugh, I saw that pocket plane this morning. Putting it in my cart now while I wonder why I'm like this.
    Welcome to the club. You are not alone. I just checked out. Is there a help group for people with our problem?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Greg Jones View Post
    Unfortunately, the NX60 has not been made for several years now. While it is still in the online catalog and is listed as temporarily unavailable, one has to wonder if they will ever reappear. It was on my list also, but last year I finally gave up and bought the DX60. That pocket plane appeals to me the same way!
    Hi -

Just put a batch (pre-production) through the shop in the last few weeks - none made it out....as the polishing was not up to snuff....

We're getting there.....but slowly.

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Hilton, you are now on the list of people who are going to have to chip in to help pay my divorce fees when Amy finds out how much I really spent on these tools. I came here just to gain a few new tips on woodworking, and here you have to post this and put my marriage at risk. It's your fault. (of course I'm kidding- thanks for the tip)
    The bright side to this is that ya know ya would be keeping the plane in any divorce settlement unless the other party is also a woodworker!

Simon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Hi -

Just put a batch (pre-production) through the shop in the last few weeks - none made it out....as the polishing was not up to snuff....

We're getting there.....but slowly.

Cheers -

Rob
    Rob, you are getting 80% of the bill when the love of my life ups and leaves me.

So should we stay ready to jump on these NX60 seconds during the cyber monday sale, or is this too special of a plane to come as a second?

"Hi, I'm Hasin and I'm an addict. I joined this group as I value my relationship with my wife and do not want to be kicked out."

Quote Originally Posted by Hasin Haroon View Post
    So should we stay ready to jump on these NX60 seconds during the cyber monday sale, or is this too special of a plane to come as a second?
    This one - we don't sell seconds of....!

ouch.