Thread: TS 75 accessories?

TS 75 accessories?

I caught the EBay coupon a couple of weeks ago and pulled the trigger on a Festool TS 75 track saw. One of the pictures in the lid of the systainer is supposed to show the included accessories:

20180817_164856.jpg

What are the doohickeys at the right of the picture? They were not present and I can't find any information on them anywhere.

Thanks,
    Jim

Those look like the moveable jaws of two hold-down clamps which are kinda like C-clamps. Either you didn't get the remainder of the clamps, or maybe they're underneath the black styrofoam.

They look like the Festool, Quick Ratcheting, clamps.
    I don't remember if my TS75 came with clamps, but the ones I have a the long screw type clamps. I seem to remember buying them.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

It's two of these: LINK

Both the TS 75 and the TS 55 have a spot to store them should you feel the need to purchase them. They can be very nice for clamping the guide rails down. There are other options as well though they do no fit in the Systainer like those particular clamps do. Most Systainers come with spots in the plastic moldings for additional accessories that you can get separately so you have a nice place to store them.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by James Morgan View Post
    I caught the EBay coupon a couple of weeks ago and pulled the trigger on a Festool TS 75 track saw. One of the pictures in the lid of the systainer is supposed to show the included accessories:

20180817_164856.jpg

What are the doohickeys at the right of the picture? They were not present and I can't find any information on them anywhere.

Thanks,
    Jim
    They are quick clamps and no they are not included with the saw, the inserts in the various Festool systainers show how to arrange some of the optional accessories as well as the supplied ones. The splinter guard and knob (green and black things in the holes) along with the blade change Allen key should be there. The splinter guard and knob often wind up down in the side sections of the foam, like where the manual is, during shipping. The Allen key is usually attached to the saw base and not in its place in the foam when new.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thanks, everyone. I found the splinter guard, etc. rattling around in the case, but couldn't figure out what the other things were from the picture.

And thanks, Van, for originally alerting me to the $100 off Festool sales on Ebay.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.