Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QSWO Arts &Crafts Mantle/Cabinet

Outstanding in all regards. Kudos to you.

John

Gorgeous work Joel!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Agree with all. It makes sense out of what was a pretty awkward design.

Fantastic design and construction. I love QSWO, I just wish my wife liked it as much as I do.

Very well done Joel! Thanks for sharing.

Joel, that is some really beautiful work! Nice job! And I especially want to thank you for the large pictures. They are so appreciated by tired, old eyes.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Nicely done Joel!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Joel,

Is the top a single piece? (except for cabinet of course). Did you do a full or partial mitered return on the end of the top that shows (I can't tell from the pic)?
    We have a very similar brick wall and fireplace, right down to the color of the brick and the seat, except our brick runs to the ceiling and all the way to the right hand wall. Wife really likes your design, so I suspect something similar just got added to the project backlog.... Beautiful design and nicely executed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Joel,

Is the top a single piece? (except for cabinet of course). Did you do a full or partial mitered return on the end of the top that shows (I can't tell from the pic)?
    We have a very similar brick wall and fireplace, right down to the color of the brick and the seat, except our brick runs to the ceiling and all the way to the right hand wall. Wife really likes your design, so I suspect something similar just got added to the project backlog.... Beautiful design and nicely executed!

Hi Paul yes the op is a single piece and I did not do a return on the end. . I think If I were to do it again i might add that. But truth be told i ran out of length on the material. The Top piece is over 10 feet long and if I did a return i would have wanted to use the same board for continuity. i could not find boards long enough and nice enough to get that.

Thanks for the kind comments.!