Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot login to my d-link dsl/modem

Cannot login to my d-link dsl/modem

I have 2 d-link modems a 2320 and a 520 both with some sort of issue. According to the user manual I should be able to login to either one by typing 192.168.1.1 into the browser. The login in page does not appear instead giving something like a "time out" message yet both of them work. when connected. At one time the login screen was working but now...? I have no idea why.

what browser are you using. I had that problem with one of my old routers and had to use a different browser

You could try 192.168.0.1, as this works with some DSL modems.

@chuck. You may want to try these instructions for the 2320.

https://www.router-reset.com/reset-m...A1#howto-login
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    what browser are you using. I had that problem with one of my old routers and had to use a different browser
    I am using the latest version of Firefox., Have tried Ubuntu and Internet Explorer with the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    yes I tried 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.0 and a few other combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    @chuck. You may want to try these instructions for the 2320.

https://www.router-reset.com/reset-m...A1#howto-login
    I have done the reset a few times but will try it again. The funny part is both modem work when connected.

@Chuck. After the reset, that page uses 192.168.0.50 to get onto the login page. Maybe, try that.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    And I forgot to say that I use them in bridge mode. Its the wireless router that contains the account login information.

@Chuck. After the reset, that page uses 192.168.0.50 to get onto the login page. Maybe, try that.
    Ok I will give it a try tonight after work.

If you are using Windows, open a command prompt and type ipconfig and press <enter>. The command will show you your ip address information. There will be an entry for Default Gateway in that information. This will be the address of your modem/router. Type that address into your browser.

Well thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions to this modem problem. What I discovered was it was necessary to reset the network adaptor thru the utility builtin to windows. Once i did that my D-Link 520B was working correctly and i could login to it but my 2320B was not working. I could not login to it. So it is probably faulty but the strange part is i can connect it to my router and it works. Seems odd to me.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    Well thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions to this modem problem. What I discovered was it was necessary to reset the network adaptor thru the utility builtin to windows. Once i did that my D-Link 520B was working correctly and i could login to it but my 2320B was not working. I could not login to it. So it is probably faulty but the strange part is i can connect it to my router and it works. Seems odd to me.
    It may be set up to look to your router for an ip address assignment. It can't have the same ip address as the router, as I understand it, and has to have been initially configured to use DHCP to ask for an ip address rather than use it's default. Or it may have been set to a static ip address different from that of the router. What you need is a program that searches your network for addresses in use. When you have those, one should be your bridge. But I don't know much about bridges, so I could be wrong about that.
    Last edited by James Waldron; 08-20-2018 at 4:14 PM.
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

@Chuck. Which one is bridged? I assume that you have them connected together and you have bridged one of them. Whichever one you have set to bridge has had its address changed. You will not be able to connect to it using the default ip address. I'm guessing that you have the 2320B bridged, yes?
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

@Chuck. Which one is bridged? I assume that you have them connected together and you have bridged one of them. Whichever one you have set to bridge has had its address changed. You will not be able to connect to it using the default ip address. I'm guessing that you have the 2320B bridged, yes?
    I am only using 1 modem at a time and it is the D-Link 520b and my spare is the 2320b which works. With the 520B I can login to it now that I have discovered what I was doing wrong. The 2320b on the other hand will work when connected to my router. BUT I i try to login to it when its isolated it does not go. So why would it work when in circuit but not accessible otherwise?