Thread: Grizzly G0555 bandsaw CL find

Grizzly G0555 bandsaw CL find

So last week, with the help of some helpful Creekers, I steered away from an old Rockwell 14” BS that was listed for $350 on CL. My patience paid off and today I picked up this nice find for $475. I am moving away from a Shopsmith so this is my first stand alone BS. It has a riser block, fresh Carter rubbers on the wheels and Shop Fox mobile base. I am not sure if it is gloat worthy, but I am happy. Any recommended upgrade suggestions are welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the ANV version of the same saw. It's a trooper, it has done all the resaw and detail work I've thrown at it. I did put some carter guides on it, and that made a very big difference. I think that upgrade is worth the investment. I think you'll be happy with that saw in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by John A Murray View Post
    So last week, with the help of some helpful Creekers, I steered away from an old Rockwell 14” BS that was listed for $350 on CL. My patience paid off and today I picked up this nice find for $475. I am moving away from a Shopsmith so this is my first stand alone BS. It has a riser block, fresh Carter rubbers on the wheels and Shop Fox mobile base. I am not sure if it is gloat worthy, but I am happy. Any recommended upgrade suggestions are welcome.

Here is one piece of advice. The owner's manual may state that the saw can accommodate 3/4 inch wide blades. That isn't really true. They will fit but the saw isn't capable of tensioning a 3/4 inch blade properly. Instead, use a half inch resaw blade and it will work just fine.

Thank you William and Art for your recommendations.

If you haven't given this a watch I highly recommend it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbZqWac0jU

I set my ANV version up with that guide and it did great doing some REALLY thin resawing.

FWIW, I've had no trouble with 3/4 in blades. I ignore the tension gauge and just go by feel as described on several videos from the carter folks and others. Surely, it does better with narrower blades, but it'll get there. Your milage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by John A Murray View Post
    Thank you William and Art for your recommendations.

Yep, that's one of the videos I used too. Follow that, and your saw will spit out fine fine work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert McMahan View Post
    If you haven't given this a watch I highly recommend it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGbZqWac0jU

I set my ANV version up with that guide and it did great doing some REALLY thin resawing.

I have the 0555LX version. Great saw, and welcome to the Grizz club.
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.