Thread: Recharging laser

Recharging laser

I called Synrad on a series 48 laser off a summit Epilog. Synrad tech said parts to repair have not been available for 10 years. When people say they got there Synrad laser recharged at say Photovac in Oregon does my situation fall into that catagory? Does the Synrad laser have to be more current or can they work on all models regardless of age? I also heard some company is sending RF lasers to China to be repaired. I would like to know what anyone thinks about this situation and how to resolve it. Am I better off just purchasing a replacement anyway?

Joined in 2015 and first post? Do a Search for Evergreen laser recharge or whatever.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Also try Photovac but they're in Ohio. https://photovaclaser.com/contact-us/

From what I gather reading posts here Evergreen would appear to be less expensive so check both for comparison.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Try Evergreen Laser, I would at least call them and find out if they can repair or replace it for you, I would guess they are your best/cheapest option.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hogan View Post
    I called Synrad on a series 48 laser off a summit Epilog. Synrad tech said parts to repair have not been available for 10 years. When people say they got there Synrad laser recharged at say Photovac in Oregon does my situation fall into that catagory? Does the Synrad laser have to be more current or can they work on all models regardless of age? I also heard some company is sending RF lasers to China to be repaired. I would like to know what anyone thinks about this situation and how to resolve it. Am I better off just purchasing a replacement anyway?
    Hey Tom, I have the same laser and had the tube recharged at Evergreen roughly a year and a half ago, cost a little over $900 w/ shipping. This is, of course, assuming that there are no additional repairs that need to be done.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 08-21-2018 at 8:14 PM. Reason: ad
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Thanks,
    Now it seems that after testing the laser there is still life there. I powered up the machine with the laser connected to the power supply, applied the 5 volt to the laser and it worked just fine. The problem is that the control board must not be sending the 5volt needed to power the laser on and off as needed. Does anyone know who can repair a controller board for the epilog summit laser machine?
    shuttersguy

How about Epilog themselves?
    (I sent an 18 year old motherboard back to Universal last December, and they fixed it for me for $250.)
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.