Thread: Hammer Shaper fence owners - what is this knob for?

Hammer Shaper fence owners - what is this knob for?

I can't figure out what this knob is supposed to do. Seems to spin a captive threaded rod through a brass piece inside, but doesn't seem like that brass piece is connected to anything?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a guess but it should shift indeed side front to back. micro adjust

Bob

Bob, that's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to...

Hi, I believe it allows fine adjustment of the entire fence forward/rearward?

loosen the two vertical hold down bolts, lock the right hand side bolt then use the rear right hand knob to move the fence back/forward?

Regards, Rod.

Seems like something is damaged or missing. Should be the other for/aft micro-adjust. I've seen these damaged often by forgetting to loosen the lock before adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi, I believe it allows fine adjustment of the entire fence forward/rearward?

loosen the two vertical hold down bolts, lock the right hand side bolt then use the rear right hand knob to move the fence back/forward?

Regards, Rod.
    That's it! I had misunderstood the right side knob - it's not to lock the back/forward of the entire fence, it's to engage the fence with this microadjuster.

So it's just as you said, Rod - loosen the vertical hold downs, tighten the right side knob, then turn the right rear knob to move entire fence back/forward.

Thanks! I would have never figured this out

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    That's it! I had misunderstood the right side knob - it's not to lock the back/forward of the entire fence, it's to engage the fence with this microadjuster.

So it's just as you said, Rod - loosen the vertical hold downs, tighten the right side knob, then turn the right rear knob to move entire fence back/forward.

Thanks! I would have never figured this out
    Glad I could be of help, those things aren't intuitive..............Rod.