Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convert grill from LP to natural gas

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    My propane burners are 20 years old and are fine. Maybe the new ones are lousy.
    Maybe it is frequency of use. I went grilling crazy for a long time. At least 4 days a week and the weekend sessions were frequently 8-9 hours. I've gotten away from that since moving back to GA. I like the TX weather better for grilling.

I've also just slightly enlarged the orfices on a propane grill and hooked it to NG. Worked great. No conversion kit needed. The orange borg sells a quick-disconnect NG hose for just this purpose...

Yes I have had BBq's converted from propane to natural gas.

I had a fitter drill out the orifices, adjust the fuel/air ratio change the hose and affix a sticker to it.

Regards, Rod.

Your NG pressure in your house will vary according to what area you live in. Here in this town the gas in the street is measured in pounds or PSI, the regulator outside your house drops it to perhaps 9 inches WC, the one in your appliance like your water heater or stove drops it to 3.5 inches of water column. Your orifices are drilled out to deliver X number of Btu's at a certain pressure usually 3.5 inches WC/
    Since the 9-10 inches of WC is close to the regulated propane pressure and your mileage may vary straight connection might work.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10