Thread: Help: Woodmaster Tools Inc. Model W-1600 Scroll Saw

Help: Woodmaster Tools Inc. Model W-1600 Scroll Saw

I picked up a Woodmaster W-1600 Scroll Saw at a swap meet today for $30. I have done some searches on the internet and I have not been able to find any information on this saw. I am looking for the manual and parts listing. I did find a parts listing for the model 1800 but it appears to be different. I believe the upper blade holder on my saw has been changed and the lower one seems to be missing. The saw does run and is in good shape. Does anyone have any information on this saw or know where I can find any info? Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    You have all the information you need on the name plate. Just Google Woodmaster tools, Kansas City, MO and you will find their web page.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Yes I found their web page but no mention of scroll saws. I do plan to call them on Monday, I was just hoping someone on here would be able to help.
    Last edited by Aaron Pennington; 08-18-2018 at 7:15 PM.

I did not know Woodmaster made a scroll saw. Call them, they are very helpful. They answered all my questions when I bought my 7526 drum sander used.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That sure looks like an RBI scroll saw. I believe Woodmaster and RBI had some connection with their molder/planers back in the 80's. Perhaps it extended to the scroll saws too.

RBI was bought by Hawk tools a few years back and still make saws that look like yours. They have a great website with parts, modifications, and rebuilding services.

Check it out.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Well I called Woodmaster today and they were not able to help. I was told that a Glendo LLC made some of the scroll saws for Woodmaster and RBI made some as well. He said they no longer had any documentation or parts for my scroll saw and told me it was at least 25 years old. He suggested I call Glendo and Bushton Mfg. I called Glendo and they no longer had any documentation or parts either. I have been trying to call Bushton Mfg. but I have not been able to get through the line is busy. I hope they will be able to help me, but it's not looking good.

Google Hawk scroll saws.

The first thing you will discover is that they are made by Bushton inc.

Check out their website.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I finally got to talk to Bushton Mfg. They don't have the manual for my saw but they think the barrel style blade holder is what I need and it cost $20 each plus shipping. I found a 3pk. of lower blade holders for a Jet scroll saw that look similar and I wonder if those would work. They come as a 3pk for $24. I also found a picture of the manual I need but I haven't been able to find the manual online anywhere. If someone has that manual I would love to have a copy. Or if someone knows where to find it on the internet please send me a link. I attached a picture of the manual and it shows to be part number SC84-6
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know the model number is not the same (1800) but the design looks identical:

http://www.hawkwoodworkingtools.com/...aster_1800.pdf

It is all on the website I told you to google, even the 1800 Woodmaster, like Dimitrios gave you.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 08-21-2018 at 2:45 AM. Reason: Removed sarcasm
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Guys I know the manual for the 1800 is on the hawk site, I had found it before I ever started this thread. The thing is the 1800 manual online is not very clear and hard to read and appears to have a different upper blade clamp. If you enlarge the picture of the 1600 manual the upper blade clamp is not a barrel style clamp like the 1800 uses.