Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table saw alignment seems ok but issues with cut quality

It was new last fall....but I haven't had much of a chance to really use it until the last few weeks. I'll take a look at the arbor and the alignment and see if that helps.

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Try a different blade. I had the same issue after I had my WWII 'fixed' by Forrest - one of the teeth had been adjusted well out of alignment. A put a different blade on and presto! no more teeth marks.

Make a checklist:

1. Is the arbor free of any dust or build up? Even a few grains can create a blade spinning out-of-balance.

2. Is the riving knife behind or co-planer with the blade? If the riving knife projects away from the blade, it can force the work piece to angle into the blade, which will result in saw marks. This can occur as a result of debris in the clamping section.

3. Is the rip fence parallel or toed out a smidgeon? If toed in a smidgeon, it will force the workpiece into the blade.

4. Is the blade flat? Are there chipped or high teeth? Check and also try a different blade.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Sounds like the blade is not lined up with the table top. Also no need for a thin kerf blade.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post

This takes the fence out of the equation.
    Good point.

Simon

Had the exact same issue. Ended up being a bad arbor. Saw Stop sent me a completely new arbor assembly. That fixed a lot of my pinching and burning issues.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Pelton View Post
    Had the exact same issue. Ended up being a bad arbor. Saw Stop sent me a completely new arbor assembly. That fixed a lot of my pinching and burning issues.
    This is really encouraging. My Saw Stop was well aligned out of the box so they seem to have that part of the assembly process down. I still tweaked it a bit but, that's just me; not really necessary. If yours if sub-optimal with multiple blades, with fence and sled, something is wonky and maybe a bad arbor is it. Obviously not desirable but, it would explain things.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler