Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you guys do with this?

Blog Entries
    I've convinced them to collect the large bottles and give them to me
    Did you know medicine bottle labels are often easy to remove if each bottle is given a 10-15 second ride in a microwave before attempting to peel the label?

The heat generated softens the adhesive. If it cools down after warming it may need to be rewarmed.

My father used to get empty oil cans from the local service stations. He cut the tops off, riveted them together and mounted them in a roll around A-frame fixture about 6'X6' with slanted shelves. He kept a lot of small parts and plumbing hardware sorted in those. The thing was dismantled years ago. Some of the old oil cans are now decorating a high shelf in my shop.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 08-17-2018 at 1:37 PM. Reason: My father used to…
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

We all have them (and I have multiple boxes). I would suggest going to a Harbor Freight and getting one of their plastic sorting trays. Costs a buck or so, and it looks like a mega-sized sorting tray your local pharmacist uses.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.