Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planar changes thickness (settling?) during first run

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    center post can have movement from front to back and its also side to side. I run most in the center then jointing try to work more to outsides to even out the wear
    Great point Warren, thanks for pointing this out. Thats a good workflow, particularly for doing the width thicknessing of rails and styles. I'll make sure to run them through the center of the thicknesser, over the post.
    Mark McFarlane

Mark I dont know your machine, you put some photos up but I didnt see the center post sort of surprised they still make them that way as mine are likely 50 years old or more but maybe they need to in the multifunction machines

Mark I dont know your machine, you put some photos up but I didnt see the center post sort of surprised they still make them that way as mine are likely 50 years old or more but maybe they need to in the multifunction machines
    Here's the center post for the thicknesser.

IMG_3637.jpg

Warren, I'll respond to your PM later I need to eat.
    Mark McFarlane

thanks Mark

clear they made the base stronger with the added plate there and its for side to side, but then being a newer machine possible the casting is not as thick as well. What about the underside where it attaches to the table is yours the same or is there a larger plate there as well?

Capture.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 08-17-2018 at 2:09 PM.

thanks Mark

clear they made the base stronger with the added plate there and its for side to side, but then being a newer machine possible the casting is not as thick as well. What about the underside where it attaches to the table is yours the same or is there a larger plate there as well?
    The top of the column attaches directly to the cast plate with no collar.
    Mark McFarlane