Thread: CT Saw - Good service

Blog Entries

CT Saw - Good service

I ordered some Lenox CT Woodmasters from CT saw I've had such trouble with the welds on these blades in the past with other vendors. I was interested to see what would arrive. CT saw has Lenox weld these blades up, these are beautiful looking welds that offer much promise.

Safe to say I'm very excited to try these out once the current blade is ready to be removed.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Brian, I'm curious whether you have sharpened your CT blades, either yourself or professionally. If so, how many sharpenings do you get? I have a 1" and have re-sharpened with a Dremel and diamond disk about 5 times so far. I thought the last time would be the end of the blade, but it is going strong - magic when sharp - and I should get at least one more sharpening from it. (used in a Hammer N4400)

Regards from Perth

Derek

That's a very nice weld!!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Derek,

I haven't tried yet, the last three blades have made the saw vibrate lightly due to their welds and so I thought maybe I'll just move them to the back of the pile and resharpen these when the time comes if I need a backup blade.

CT saw mentioned they can resharpen, basically they touch up the bottom of the tooth, much the same way you do.

Thanks to John Tenyeck for making the recommendation to use CT Saw.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

That is a very good looking weld. I hope it lives up to its looks
    I get my Ct blades from (bandsaw blades direct)and Jesse at eagle tools if I need one same day for my B 20/20 Aggi.
    It doesn’t surprise me that Derek can sharpen his blades he’s got mad skills.
    I send my blades to dailysaw out here near me it’s about 65$ for 14 ft blade.
    It comes back cutting almost like new
    Aj

That is the way a weld should look! As Andrew mentioned Daily Saw is also a good option for sharpening Lenox blades. I have set up to sharpen carbide blades a couple of times but my competing "OCD" and "ADD" prevented me from finishing. My OCD forced me to produce a half dozen perfectly polished teeth then ADD kicks in and I see a shiny object across the shop that commands attention.

* I do not suffer from OCD nor ADD and did not mean to make light of anyone that does.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    That is a very good looking weld. I hope it lives up to its looks
    I get my Ct blades from (bandsaw blades direct)and Jesse at eagle tools if I need one same day for my B 20/20 Aggi.
    It doesn’t surprise me that Derek can sharpen his blades he’s got mad skills.
    I send my blades to dailysaw out here near me it’s about 65$ for 14 ft blade.
    It comes back cutting almost like new
    Andrew, thanks for the compliment. Really. However, sharpening bandsaw blades is just so easy! I learned to do so with YouTube as a teacher. I envy the easy access and quick turn-about you have for sharpening services. The quickest I could get would be a few weeks to a month. I need it when I need it. A 1" resaw CT blade (which has 1 1/2 tpi) on my Hammer takes about 10 minutes to sharpen. Double that time for a 3 tpi blade.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I too get mine at CT Saw. They offer great service. One blade I ordered about six months before needed ... took it out and it was about six inches too long! CT Saw is pretty close by my shop so I dropped off, they rewelded and shipped back in a day or day. No questions asked (I had ordered the correct length). It is still on the saw. They do a great job grinding shaper knives.

My understanding was that the Lenox Woodmaster was not resharpenable, so glad to read this post.
    "the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.” Confucius