Thread: Grizzly Lathe

Grizzly Lathe

I have a chance to look at a Grizzly lathe that the individual selling says is a G077. He says it's only 2 years old and is the predecessor or the G0766. Problem I am having is that I can't find any information on that model lathe. Any one have an idea or have heard of it or have any experience with that machine?
    Would appreciate some input if anyone has any.
    Thanks, Steve
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Grizzly has been using 4 digit model numbers for years. Even my 25 year old table saw has a four digit number.
    I'm not certain I've ever seen a three digit.
    There is a G0733 model that came out before th G0766
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Ralph, thanks for the reply. I too have always seen 4 digit models, so this one threw me a little. I haven't seen any pictures, but have asked the owner to send me some. Maybe that will clear things up. He does say it's a 22" swing. Will wait and see.
    Steve
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

steve if it has a 22" swing over the bed it would be the G0766 that is the only one that has the 22" swing. the G0733 only has 18" and is the lathe that came out before the G0766.

I think that it is probably the G0766, being 22" swing and 2 years old. Mine is about 3 years old, and I paid about $1700 delivered then, so if the lathe is similar you have a base from which to bargain. Price has gone up twice, latest increase due to the tariffs. I have really enjoyed mine, and would buy another like it if I had to. The newer version is a couple inches shorter , which would be nice, but not necessary, as I am about 5'-11" tall. Good luck, and keep us informed.
    Maker of Fine Kindling, and small metal chips on the floor.
    Embellishments to the Stars - or wannabees.

Ask him what the HP of the motor is. It does sound like it's either a G0733 or the G0766. I would also ask how the variable drive works? What's the lowest speed can it go down to. The electronic speed ones can go lower and are more desirable.