Thread: Sublimation Printer in Rochester NY

Sublimation Printer in Rochester NY

I know this thread is not related to sublimation printing, but I believe many of the laser engraver folks are well acquainted with the process.

I am in Rochester, NY. Looking to experiment with this on 1" x .5" pieces of flat cement.

I have searched and not found anyone relatively local to me that does sublimation printing. I was hoping someone on here might have a connection.

thanks,
    DW
    DW

I don't believe that sublimation printing is an option for cement. The transfer is done using a heat press or other suitable system and its unlikely you can get cement up to the required temperature. I expect there are other problems as well such as the transfer requires the material to contain a certain level of polyester.

There is a material available now that can be applied to the concrete prior to sublimation. I would think that increasing the dwell time sufficient to bring the temperature to sublimation levels is possible on that size material. I believe there is a spray on material and a film that would work. They are applying it to wood now so it's really a matter of bringing the temperature high enough.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7