Thread: Jet Lathe 1642 EVS value

Jet Lathe 1642 EVS value

A wood lathe is a major power tool that I do not have in my shop right now. I was wondering what you turning fellows would think a reasonable price to pay for a Jet 1642 EVS that is used but in like new condition? I notice on the Jet website that this particular model has been discontinued. thanks!

Even though it is “like new”, the age of the lathe is a factor and I would want to see it in action to make sure it runs out OK. If it is the 1.5 hp model and has all the factory accessories, I would think $1750 is a fair price.

Left click my name for homepage link.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    If it is the 1.5 hp model and has all the factory accessories, I would think $1750 is a fair price.
    I agree. I paid $1600 for one maybe 5 years ago and I thought it was a good deal. (I wouldn't sell it for that!)

Even though it is discontinued it's still a great lathe, I've made things from 15" bowls to shovel handles. Some people want more power but with sharp tools and good technique I think the power is sufficient.

I have two as secondary lathes, great when students come.

Girls_IMG_20150804_121948_936_lathes.jpg

JKJ

Down in my neck of the woods, those lathes if they are in good condition will sell for $1500-$1900 depending whether it has a 1 1/2 or 2 hp motor. They don't hang around for long. I was looking at one last week for that had the 2 hp motor for $1500. It stayed on CL for a week and when I finally got enough money to buy, it was gone. Oh well.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE