Hi all,
Okay, short story short, I'm looking to build myself a new dust collector. I picked up a lightly used 50-850. Once back home I find it has the smallest impeller I ever heard of on this model, only 10"! But has a 7" input behind the dual 4"s.

I thought I was doing better on my purchase.

I have a Super Dust deputy to mount on a metal trash can, I can split and re-use the 6"x24" hose between the impeller assembly and can lid and also between impeller and filters.

Looking for another impeller, any suggestions? Continental 280 maybe? Semi enclosed model but it is being used post cyclone separator.

Also, suggestions on a higher filtering output side? I see Wyn is the most often mentioned. Ducting the exhaust outside to the neighbors house isn't really going to be an option.

Thanks,
Thomas
===================
Longer story:
I’ve been in the market for a new DC, I currently have a Jet 650, it’s just not quite enough CFM for my shop. I saw an ad for Delta 50-850 dust collector locally on FaceBook Market and thought I’d take the plunge to upgrade. I talked them into $150 and headed over after work for a look. I did a little research in the meantime and everyone seemed to like the model.

Upon arrival I did an inspection and thought the Delta was in good shape, no rust, no dent’s dings. He had both top and bottom cloth bags (not plastic) but didn’t know the micron rating. Looked at the impeller blades, all nice, no imapct marks or wear/tear from sucking up cat litter, stuck my hand inside and felt for the infamous baffle. Nothing. Hmm.. cool. Must be one of the original series. No Mod 1 or 2 on the model number sticker.
I read about how they changed the size of the impeller over the years. 12”, 11.2” 11”. They also increased the restrictor plate to keep people from burning up motors. I’m thinking there is no restriction plate, this must be first generation! Yay! Score!
Got it home and took off the dual 4” Y adapter and the examined the intake The opening looked a little big. Measured it and it’s 7” across. Strange, never heard any mention of that on the write-ups. A 7” intake and a 6” output.
Then I look at the impeller, small? Measured it and I get 10”.
Crud!!! This is not good.
I’m guessing it’s the last generation, instead of putting in the restriction plate (that everyone was removing) they just down down sized the impeller? Make sense?
Any recommendations on a replacement impeller? I measured the housing and it seemed about an inch and quarter between the blades and the closest point on the housing.
I plan on putting this unit on top of a cyclone, Super dust deputy, building a new system all around. I can neck down the 7” intake to 6” to fit the cyclone.
Suggestions? Recommendations?
I’m also looking for pleated filters to replace the bags. Oneida? Penn? Wyn? So many choices. I know its more efficient but I don’t want to vent outside.