Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Production Level Vac Fixture Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bullington View Post
    I'll scan the materials pages and post them out of their catalog. They have "woodshop" accounts that you fill out the paperwork and once set up they sell you deep discounted wholesale prices of everything....like good domestic ply cheaper than the Chinese crap you can get at the big box stores....and its better pricing still if you buy in quantity...
    Be interesting to see. They are too far for me to go but its always nice to compare pricing.

Setting up contractor/business accounts with commercial suppliers is always a good idea since it often provides benefits like better pricing, free or low cost delivery and easy use of things like tax exemption authorization when applicable, etc. Many suppliers have no issue with "small volume" businesses, including part-time hobby businesses, at this point...every dollar coming in the door helps them. Getting to know others in your area who are makers and buy from certain suppliers is a good idea, too, as there are sometimes volume discounts that can be had when buying collectively. (Obviously, you have to work out the financial details of that to mutual agreement)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

All,

Well I think im getting the hang of this "production level" plaque making..its been a ride for sure.. Let me know what you think? I have now made all 75 of them at 11"x 14"x 3/4" and they are ready to sand and paint and finish..
    IMG_2969.jpgIMG_2972.jpgIMG_2971.jpg

Looking good. What cutter are you running?

I am using the Amana tools 90 degree cutter RC-1030 & the 60 degree RC-1031 with a 1/4"compression and a t slot cutter for the hanging slot on the backs.

Those look great!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim!!