Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Justifying A Major Tool Purchase

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...odworking/info

Hi Greg, you'll have to register and be accepted as a member, it can take a few days for that as it's a group run by volunteers..........Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...odworking/info

Hi Greg, you'll have to register and be accepted as a member, it can take a few days for that as it's a group run by volunteers..........Rod.
    Thanks Rod. Join request submitted.

The Felder rep I bought the JP from called today asking how things are going. He was calling from a DE number so maybe he talked to Tim. I briefly mentioned the fence issue and the possibility the jointer beds are are off. He said when I know for sure to call him or service and service will walk me through fixing any problems and/or send me a service manual.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    The Felder rep I bought the JP from called today asking how things are going. He was calling from a DE number so maybe he talked to Tim. I briefly mentioned the fence issue and the possibility the jointer beds are are off. He said when I know for sure to call him or service and service will walk me through fixing any problems and/or send me a service manual.
    What is this "Service Manual" he references? If there really is such a document why don't they make it available to all?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    What is this "Service Manual" he references? If there really is such a document why don't they make it available to all?
    Bill, it's something I requested when talking to the rep. I do not know if one exists but it makes sense that it should.

To me it would be the manual service reps use when guiding customers through the process, or maybe even to teach employees about how to service Felder machines. The rep responded using that term but I can't say he understood it to be the same as I.

However the rep did confirm my beliefs that the customer is the mechanic, unless we pay to have someone come out. So there should be something that would enable us to service our machines rather than having to call customer service each time some issue arises. I was hoping Felder has something like that they would distribute to the customers upon request.

I first made this request last week but so far have not received anything.

Blog Entries
    Have you jointed anything yet? Before going any further down this road, I would be tempted to joint a wide board and check the surface for flatness afterward.
    Last edited by Brian Holcombe; 09-28-2018 at 8:43 AM.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Julie-If a Service Manual surfaces please let me know, a for real "tune your toy" document would be lovely to have.

I have the service manual in a PDF, however I do not know how to upload it. Any way to do this?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    I have the service manual in a PDF, however I do not know how to upload it. Any way to do this?

Regards from Perth

Derek
    You could upload it to Google Drive if you have a Gmail account and then post or PM the link to it there and we can download it. Otherwise depending on the file size you should be able to click the "Go Advanced" button under the text entry box here and then click the Manage Attachment button (scroll down a bit) and attach the PDF file to this post.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Derek - Posting the service manual would potentially be a wonderful gift assuming, of course, that it is more informative than the Owners Manual.

Thank you for your efforts - Bill

I have it on Google drive but am unsure of how to go about letting the world get access it using my Google Drive. I stuffed up the transfer and ownership when I let it be accessed last time. I also have the manual for the Hammer slider saws if that is of interest but I must admit to being a bit wary of the best way to do it.
    Last edited by Chris Parks; 09-28-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Try this for the manual....

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/78...page=33#manual

This is the same document as the above link (I think) and can be downloaded....

http://maschinen.felder-gruppe.at/up...41_EUS_enc.pdf

I will try and find a source for the service manual.
    Last edited by Chris Parks; 09-28-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    Chris

Try this link for the Hammer Service Manual (I've not tried this before with Google Drive).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-vc...ew?usp=sharing

And another manual, the Hammer K3 Service Manual ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EvV...ew?usp=sharing

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Last edited by Derek Cohen; 09-28-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks Derek, that seems to work. The first file is for a full combination machine and it is only towards the end that the A3 part of the machine is dealt with and only a few pages at that. The file was produced in 2005 so the silent head is not dealt with so that may be not so helpful. I can't recall where I originally got these files from unfortunately but I suspect it was from another user.
    Chris

I just finished one 'puter project when another one surfaced (for which I'll be paid) so I haven't been able to touch a piece of wood.

But I did hear from Felder. It wasn't what I had hoped, though. It was only about the fence falling off the end of the rail. Here it is:

http://upload.felcom.at/file/1538142...justmentsextra
    http://upload.felcom.at/file/1538142...31(howtomount)

When it comes to the guide rail, we hear about things like this when the machines are pushed to their extremes.

Face jointing and edge jointing do not need to constantly have the fence back as far as it is; I understand face jointing to where you need the fence all the way out to get the full 12inches, but even then if you're having issues which you won't because the fence has very little use on face joint, then you have the wrong size machine.

When it comes to the edge jointing, we are not expecting someone to be constantly pushing a 12" wide edge through. If this is the case we would recommend jumping up another size machine. Being able to pull the fence back in and doing face and edge joints that are smaller than 12 inches are no issue. We've heard before about having a longer guide rail, but that longer guide rail makes no difference when the fence is pulled in for pieces smaller than 12 inches as well as when you are face jointing.

I've resolved most of the fence issue by inserting those washers. I can slide the fence back almost all the way and bring it right back without the standoff washers catching.

I don't know if I'll land the job for this new project but if I do there won't be much dust made here for a while. But I'll try to get to at least jointing some boards as if I was doing a glue up and see how that goes.