Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Free Tools...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    No point going to the bar to drink American beer, after all it is only coloured water.
    Oh, I don't know... I'm kinda partial to Green Flash and Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA....

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Rob, your guys were pimpin' them at IWF. I didn't see the ones that fit in dog holes mentioned in the thread yet, those are actually more interesting to me.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...61&cat=51&ap=1
    They are the slickest little helpers and so well designed and sturdy. Now I can actually use my track saw on my workbench if my MFT is tied up. Beware, one may want more than just a few sets

IMG_2759.jpg
    Dick Mahany.

No point going to the bar to drink American beer, after all it is only coloured water.
    Like you guys from up there can talk... Our domestic pilsners are garbage but we have a super strong craft brew scene. That said I prefer deep dark stouts or my fav being (true) Belgium Trappists (BTW the US has a recognized Trappist beer does Canada ).
    /
    Then again why are we drinking beer when the water of life is available? Mac Mcgee has a great single malt scotch collection and is only a 10min train ride from IWF. For a cheap pour Speyburn Braden Orach if you want to indulge then Balvenie Portwood 21.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Mahany View Post
    (snip) Beware, one may want more than just a few sets

IMG_2759.jpg
    I was really hoping someone would say that.....

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Like you guys from up there can talk... Our domestic pilsners are garbage but we have a super strong craft brew scene. That said I prefer deep dark stouts or my fav being (true) Belgium Trappists (BTW the US has a recognized Trappist beer does Canada ).
    /
    Then again why are we drinking beer when the water of life is available? Mac Mcgee has a great single malt scotch collection and is only a 10min train ride from IWF. For a cheap pour Speyburn Braden Orach if you want to indulge then Balvenie Portwood 21.
    I have the Balvenie Portwood 21 - it's a treat. My longtime favorite remains A'bunadh....

Cheers -

Rob

Van, the Trappist Saison is unreal...tasty, tasty, tasty...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Gosh guys cantcha take a little joke. Pretty much every area has some kind of beverage they are known for. There is a couple small distilleries here. One sell a pickle vodka that makes a really good Caesar and the other a top award winning gin. The nectar is everywhere except in the shop.

Gosh guys cantcha take a little joke.
    Just yankin' your chain ehh. I like 99.999% of Canadians, all of them in fact except for the one at an F1 race that told me all Americans were natural born cheaters... but that was before Lance Armstrong spilled his guts to Oprah and Tom Brady played with soft balls, I might have to accept that perception as a world view now.

Oh and I think the Beaver 3300 is one of the coolest bandsaws ever made and that actually means something from me.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thanks,, Rob. Got my Standoffs today. It was a generous gift. Will put them to use!

Blog Entries
    Gosh guys cantcha take a little joke. Pretty much every area has some kind of beverage they are known for. There is a couple small distilleries here. One sell a pickle vodka that makes a really good Caesar and the other a top award winning gin. The nectar is everywhere except in the shop.
    That would be Lucky Bastard Distillers. I know one of the guys that helps run the place. Good bunch of people. The craft distillery segment is just booming.

Yup that’s them. Black Fox is the other and they make the world’s best gin. At least that’s what the sign says about the award. I don’t drink gin so didn’t pay close attention. They do make some nice Wheat Vodka. Makes sense for the area to have craft distilleries with all the grain around here. To beastly cold for grapes. But we digress.

Now if we could only get Rob to open a toolmaking division out here I could be persuaded to leave retirement and go back into inspection.

I had my first opportunity to break down some plywood today using the Veritas Panel Platform Kit. In the past, I had used the foam insulation trick and never was happy with having to find a place to store it as I don't break down a lot of plywood. The platform kit is a lot easier to store and to transport, and it does work well. It's a little on the pricey side for what comes in the kit, but I expect it is a worthwhile investment if this is something one would use on a regular basis. Thanks for the giveaway Rob!
    Attached Images Attached Images